184.108.40.206 Kernel Load
After the configuration selection, Ntoskrnl.exe, the Windows Server 2003 kernel loads and initializes.
Ntoskrnl.exe also loads and initializes device drivers and loads services. If you press
Hardware Profile/Configuration Recovery Menu screen displays, or if Ntldr makes the selection
automatically, the computer enters the kernel load phase. The screen clears and a series of white rectangles
appears across the bottom of the screen. During the kernel load phase, Ntldr:
• Loads Ntoskrnl.exe but does not initialize it.
• Loads the hardware abstraction layer file (Hal.dll).
• Loads the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM registry key.
• Selects the control set required to initialize the computer.
• Loads device drivers with a value of 0x0 for the Start entry. These are typically low-level hardware
device drivers, such as those for a hard disk.